Detalles del evento
the NAXOS 2018 6th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management (www.naxos2018.uest.gr) will be held in Naxos Island (http://www.naxos.gr), Greece from 13th to 16th June 2018. More than 450 abstracts from all over
Detalles del evento
the NAXOS 2018 6th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management (www.naxos2018.uest.gr) will be held in Naxos Island (http://www.naxos.gr), Greece from 13th to 16th June 2018. More than 450 abstracts from all over the world have already been received. The deadline for abstract submission is extended until 15th February 2018 satisfying the request of a large number of potential authors.
The Conference aims to address the significant issue of sustainable solid waste management through the promotion of safe practices & effective technologies. The Conference focuses mainly on modern solid waste technologies. It aims to stimulate the interest of scientists and citizens and inform them about the latest developments in the field of municipal solid waste management. Separation at source, Biological Treatment, the treatment at central facilities, waste prevention, biowaste utilization, recycling promotion, Waste-to-energy technologies & energy recovery, smart technologies for waste management, sludge management, agricultural and livestock waste, management of specific waste streams (construction & demolition waste, waste from electrical and electronic equipment, etc.), biotechnology, circular economy, Best Available techniques, symbiosis networks, energy consumption and saving, carbon footprint and water footprint, zero-waste initiatives, plastics and bioplastics, marine litter constitute main conference subjects. Special attention will be drawn to the valorization prospects & the products from solid waste, such as: biofuels, compost, materials, etc. It is also ambition to strengthen the link of the applied research with industry. Emphasis will be placed on waste management issues and resource efficiency in islands and generally isolated and remote areas. Hazardous waste including household hazardous waste constitutes new target area of the conference.
The Conference will provide an opportunity to bring together scientists & professionals from government departments, industries, Municipalities, private institutions, research & education institutions, being a forum for the exchange of the most recent ideas, techniques & experiences in all areas of solid waste management. A special workshop will also focus on representatives of local authorities and municipalities in order to promote integrated solid waste management schemes.
Authors wishing to submit a paper should send an abstract via the conference website (https://naxos2018.uest.gr/index.php/conference/abstract-submission) by 15th February 2018 at the latest.
Patrik Kolar (Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, EASME), Antonis Mavropoulos (ISWA President), Irene M. C. Lo (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)), Spyros Pavlostathis (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA), David Newman (President at World Biogas Association, former ISWA President), Ange Nzihou (Ecole des Mines d’ Albi), Nathalie Gontard (French National Institute for Agricultural Research, INRA), Mauro Majone (Sapienza Universita di Roma), David Bolzonella (University of Verona), Stephen Smith (Imperial College London), Hinrich Uellendahl (Aalborg University), Costas Velis (Leeds University) are indicative keynote speakers.
Τhe best NAXOS 2018 papers will be published after evaluation:
- in a Special Issue of APPLIED ENERGY (Elsevier, Impact Factor: 7.182). K. Moustakas, M. Loizidou, A.-S. Nizami & M. Naqvi will be the Guest Editors, while the tentative title of the Special Issue will be: “Generating Energy and Economic Revenue through Integrated Waste and Resource Management”
- Selected high-quality papers on hazardous waste will be published after review in the JOURNAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (Elsevier, Impact Factor: 6.065)
- in a Special Issue of JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY & BIOTECHNOLOGY (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1097-4660) (Wiley, Impact Factor: 3.135).
- in a Special Issue of WASTE & BIOMASS VALORIZATION (Springer Editions, Impact Factor: 1.337) (http://www.springer.com/engineering/journal/12649) in collaboration with Prof. Ange Nzihou, Editor-in-Chief & Prof. Maria Loizidou, Guest Editor & Chair of the Scientific Committee
- in a Special Issue of ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE and POLLUTION RESEARCH (http://www.springer.com/environment/journal/11356) (Springer, Impact Factor: 2.741) (Guest Editors: K. Moustakas, M. Loizidou).
- Selected papers on energy from waste will be published in a Special Issue of ENERGIES (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/energies) (Impact Factor: 2.262) (Guest Editors: Mejdi Jeguirim, Lionel Limousy, Konstantinos Moustakas).
- The best water related papers will be published in a Special Issue of DESALINATION & WATER TREATMENT (http://www.deswater.com/home.php) (Impact Factor: 1.603).
More collaborating journals will be announced in the next weeks.
A HORIZON2020 & LIFE session will be included in the oral sessions with the presence of high level European Commission representatives providing networking opportunities.
It is noted that the poster area will be continuously accessible, awards will be provided for the best posters during the closing session, while a wide exhibition area is foreseen for companies/entities dealing with waste & energy.
Indicative info about the splendid social events and excursions will soon be available. A full day site visit-excursion will take place on 16th June. An executive training (summer school) on solid waste management will take place from 11th to 12th June 2018 (https://naxos2018.uest.gr/cardlink/checkout.php).
Indicative hotel alternatives are available at the conference website. Participants can easily move from Athens to Naxos via air flights (less than 30 minutes) or by sea (ferry) from both Piraeus port and Rafina port in Athens.
More information and the conference flyer are available at: www.naxos2018.uest.gr.
13 (Miércoles) 1:00 am - 16 (Sábado) 1:00 am
Naxos Island, Greece