Detalles del evento
RACE is a learning journey for industrial R&D professionals organised by EIT RawMaterials and hosted by Outotec, Höganäs and Umicore. WHAT Learn what leading companies are doing individually and in value
Detalles del evento
RACE is a learning journey for industrial R&D professionals organised by EIT RawMaterials and hosted by Outotec, Höganäs and Umicore.
Learn what leading companies are doing individually and in value chain partnerships to develop more high-tech business models to be on the cutting edge of sustainable development.
The RACE will bring together industrial R&D professionals with a minimum 5 years-experience of working in the raw materials sector. Examples include:
- Mining and minerals processing engineers
- Equipment, tool and product designers
- Process engineering for reuse, refurbishment, remanufacturing or recycling
WHEN & WHERE
The RACE will be held in various locations:
- Leg 1: on 7-8 December 2017 Outotec will host the participants in Finland
- Leg 2: on 14-15 February 2018 Höganäs will invite members of the RACE to Sweden
- Leg 3: in April 2018 Umicore will hold the last part of the Raw & Circular Expedition in Belgium
- Get a feel for how digitalisation and Internet of Things is being applied to solve metal, mineral and circular economy challenges.
- Explore new business models.
The RACE curriculum will comprise a mix of lectures from leading experts on the rapid developments in digitalisation and circular economy business model development. Participants will see firsthand the the study tours at hosts and essential to the programme, group work on circular economy challenges. During the RACE participants will explore circular business models and work together in teams to solve industrial challenges.
Theme 1: Metals, renewable energy and closed loops
How new and existing actors are establishing business models and supply chains for mining, followed by the use, remanufacturing and recycling of materials for (PH)EVs
- Leg 1: New business models for mining being explored to supply a growing (PH)EV customer market in way that makes better use resources and reduces environmental impacts.
- Leg 2: Switching to renewable energy sources for production of powders, which are used for the manufacturing of automobiles and ideally (PH)EVs as well as wind turbine components.
- Leg 3: Collection of batteries from end-of-life (PH)EVs to recovery, remanufacture and recycling lithium and cobalt from batteries and deliver these remanufactured batteries and materials back into to supply chains.
Theme 2: Using information from digitalisation to design and optimise metal processes
- Leg 1: Use of sophisticated computational models to design next generation mineral processing equipment and processes.
- Leg 2: Modeling energy systems and replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy as the source for powder production.
- Leg 3: Novel ways of using information to collect, sort, remanufacture and recycle metals and batteries.
Please follow the link to apply.
Application deadline is 21 November 2017.
Diciembre 7 (Jueves) 1:00 am - Abril 30 (Lunes) 1:00 am